The Polish Culture and Language Centre is a faculty unit of the Faculty of Humanities at the Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce. It was formed in 2015 according to § 5 sec. 2, point 4 of the Faculty of Humanities Regulations Rules.
Authorities of CKiJP UJK
The first Head of the Centre was Dr hab. Prof. UJK Marzena Marczewska, who performed her duties from 2015 to 2020. The first Deputy Head was Dr hab. Prof. UJK Stanisław Cygan. Since 2020, Dr hab. Prof. UJK Stanisław Cygan has been the Head of the Centre and Dr Katarzyna Ostrowska has been the Deputy Head.
The building of the Faculty of Humanities which is the seat of the Centre
The aims of our activities:
- Didactics: organising classes under the name of a Polish language course for international students of the first year of undergraduate studies and uniform master’s studies
- Organising Polish language courses for staying at UJK in Kielce Erasmus Plus students and commercial language courses of Polish as a second language
- As part of cooperation with the Confucius Institute, PC&LC organised Chinese language courses and co-organised classes on various aspects of Chinese culture (theatre, film, etc.), lectures, film screenings, exhibitions, and other cultural events.
- Since its inception, PC&LC focuses its didactic activities on international students, emphasising groups of Ukrainian and Chinese students, organising Polish language classes with qualified teachers for them.
- Organising Polish language courses as part of Erasmus+ programme
Detailed offer of courses organized by CKiJP UJK
- Erasmus + – 30 hours of language classes, 3 ECTS points,
- Polish language classes for international students of the first year of the first-degree studies and the first year of uniform graduate studies – 1st semester: 60 hours, 2 ECTS points, graded credit; 2cd Semester: 60 hours, 2 ECTS points, graded credit and an Exam.
- Commercial Polish language courses (Summer Polish language school).
- Chinese language courses (until 2020).